The general ‘Terms and Conditions’ and the Additional Terms and Conditions are to be considered collectively, when reading the overarching terms of each roadside assistance subscription.
The Standard Terms and Conditions as depicted in Standard Cover apply as a standard to All subscription products. Should other subscription products be purchased instead, then those subscription product terms are seen as ‘additional to’ the Standard Roadside Assistance Terms and Conditions.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
A. Subscription Validity
- Roadz & alliances provide Subscription assistance Kuwait-wide only covering most of Kuwait areas. Your subscription is valid for the vehicle which you have registered in the application only and paid for the service. Subscription applies to the vehicle being driven and not the person.
- Roadz requires all subscribers to be permanent residents of Kuwait, living in.
- Service and benefits become effective two working days (48 hours) after receipt of payment. See cooling off period below.
- Any support provided must not be pre-existing to the paid subscription period. If we/the attending contractor determines that the breakdown has occurred due to mechanical faults prior to the period of subscription, then Roadz can refuse to assist you’re in the provision of services or you will be asked to pay for the assistance services. Cover as a result, may not be renewed for the following term at the sole discretion of Roadz.
- You must remain with your vehicle after requesting a service. If you are not in attendance with your vehicle at the time the service provider arrives, the service cannot be supplied. Further call-outs related to the same breakdown will be considered as a separate call-out and will be at the subscriber’s expense. It is a condition that when the provider arrives to assist the subscriber, that the subscriber be present.
- Roadz reserves the right to withdraw or withhold services in the event a subscriber is violent, abusive, intentionally seeks to harm Roadz or any of it’s service providers or attempting to receive service by deception.
- If you change your vehicle registration number, you must advise us within 5 days at support@Roadzco.com
- If you sell your vehicle you must provide us the new subscribers details via email within 5 days of the sale of the vehicle. Otherwise the subscription will automatically lapse. Please notify us at support@Roadzco.com
- You must be a private or commercial vehicle owner/driver only and not a Hire Car, Rental Car.
- Roadz Subscription covers your selected roadside assistance product for 12 months and the cover is for the car only that you declare to use when joining Roadz.
- The roadside assistance service will be provided to you only when your vehicle is disable due to mechanical, or electrical failure. This excluded fire, theft or attempted theft or vandalism.
B. Cooling Off Period
- Roadz have 48 hours cooling off period. This means when you pay the subscription and on receipt of payment, our services becomes available for use 48 hours post purchase, noting that any mechanical issues that occurred prior to joining will not be covered by Roadz. Only breakdowns that occur during the subscription, post the 48 hour cooling off period are able to be supported by Roadz.
- This is a one-off cooling period for the initial set-up of subscription. On annual renewals and plan upgrades the subscriber will receive instant continuing coverage.
- Subscription fees are non-refundable. Once purchased you have 14 days money back guarantee, providing you do not use or call into the Roadz for any case or advice. Post this period you are deemed to have 12 months cover and fees are non-refundable.
- When requesting roadside assistance, you must have the same car information details that you have provided in Roadz application.
- If we are not able to confirm your subscription or locate your vehicle based on the information you provide to us, all services will be at your expense.
- Towing will be provided using the most appropriate equipment available (such as lift-tow or flat-top truck) as determined by Roadz & alliances.
D. Coverage Service
- Roadside assistance is only available on any sealed or designated roads, accessible by standard 2-wheel drive recovery vehicles, that the service provider deems to be safe.
- Roadside Assistance is not available for collecting, Towing salvage cars, un-roadworthy vehicles from your physical residence to a location as requested by you. Vehicles that have Roadz must be registered and roadworthy.
- Roadside assistance is only provided where the weight of the vehicle is less than 3.5 Tonnes GVM and the length of the vehicle is less than 5.5 meters.
- The maximum Roadz will cover for any events once in a day until the end of the subscribed date.
- Roadside assistance is provided in the event of an unexpected mechanical breakdown. It does not cover vehicle maintenance or permanent repairs. Temporary repairs may be made at the request of the subscriber to mobilize the vehicle (where able). However, regular maintenance or any mechanical repairs, major or otherwise, is the subscriber’s responsibility and will be at the subscriber’s expense.
E. Exclusions and Limitations
The provision of benefits and services under Roadz is subject to the following exclusions:
- Your vehicle being unregistered and/or un-roadworthy.
- Your vehicle being left unattended or has been stolen and is in need of recovery.
- Once the transfer of your vehicle to a mechanic the case is deemed to be completed. Should you OR the mechanical repairer determine the car needs to go to another location then any costs for transportation of the car is not part of the Roadz roadside assistance cover and will be at your own cost.
- Your vehicle is involved or connected to any form of motor sports.
- If your vehicle is in an accident, this is not deemed as roadside assistance and will not be covered under this roadside subscription entitlement. We are able to assist you via our customer support team in facilitating immediate support – however all costs incurred will be at the subscribers expense.
- Any caravan or trailer and heavy vehicles/equipment are towed by your vehicle is not covered.
- Your vehicle operating as rental vehicle, limousine, or hire vehicle.
- Your vehicles is a commercial vehicle and travels to Mine Sites, Petroleum Depots, Airport Runways and collects/and or operates at Cargo Terminals.
- Service calls for your vehicle due to vehicle abuse or neglect (as reasonably determined by us).
- Service calls for your vehicle due to failure to use reasonable care with your vehicle or failure to conduct regular preventative vehicle maintenance or provision of inappropriate repair or maintenance to your vehicle.
- Repeated service calls for your vehicle due to owner/driver faults, or failure by you to comply with our instructions.
- Service calls for your vehicle due to accidental damage.
- Service calls due to break-in (or attempted break-in) of your vehicle.
- Service calls due to fitment of non-genuine accessories or inappropriate or incorrect fitment of parts or accessories.
- Your vehicle being located in a remote location (this is deemed as being a location not trafficable by a two-wheel drive recovery vehicle) or your vehicle is located in a Restricted Access Area or not within a Service Area.
- Your vehicle being located in a place cannot be accessed and nonpublic road.
- Bogged vehicles. Except where access is available and is trafficable by a two-wheel drive recovery vehicle and no other specialist equipment is necessary. Should specialist equipment become necessary, additional costs are the driver’s responsibility. Drivers will be advised of this condition prior to attendance by our Service Provider and service is at Roadz’s discretion.
- Service will not be rendered in areas not regularly traveled, such as vacant lots, beaches, open fields or other places that would be hazardous for service vehicles to reach.
- Your vehicle being immobilized due to inappropriate maintenance, repair or use, caused intentionally or by negligence on the part of the owner, the driver or any other third party. This may also cover where Roadz advised the person to replace the battery and you fail to do so, resulting in repeated jump starts for the same vehicle.
- Key recovery limitations. In the event the subscriber insists the vehicle be broken into to recover keys locked inside the vehicle, no responsibility or liability is taken by Roadz or its service providers for any damage to your vehicle that may occur as a result.
- Towing limitations. If a subscriber has received and continues to request roadside assistance or towing for a vehicle repeatedly on an unjust and excessive number of instances, we may refuse to provide further Roadside Assistance or Towing and will then offer an alternative service at the subscriber’s expense – payable upon request of service.
- Once a Tow has been provided for a Breakdown, you must pay for any subsequent tows for the same Breakdown at Commercial Rates at the time of service. This excludes towing for a vehicle that has been towed after hours to the subscriber’s home, a holding yard, mechanics shop or other place of safety and then needs further towing for the same breakdown.
- Towing is limited for only one destination.
- Service for taxicabs, tractors, boats, trailer, recreational vehicles and trucks, dune buggies, vehicles used for competition, stolen vehicles, unlicensed vehicles, illegally parked cars or impounded vehicles.
SPECIAL Terms & Conditions
F. STANDARD SUBSCRIPTION
Service Types are limited to:
- Replace the spare tire: when you have a flat tire and you have a spare tire, we will provide the service of tire replacement of your spare tire.
- Towing (within Kuwait territory): to move the subscribed vehicle to one distinction.
- Jump Start: recharging the subscribed vehicle battery’s when dead battery occurs.
- Emergency Fuel (Fuel will be at customer expense): we will deliver fuel for the subscriber’s and the cost of the fuel will be on the subscriber’s expense.
- Open car’s lock: this case when the subscriber’s accidentally locked their car and left the car’s key inside, then Roadz will provide the support to open the car after validating the personal and information.
Your privacy is important to us. It is Light Fix Company's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you via our app, Roadz, and its associated services.
Your personal information is initially collected by Dealers and disclosed to Roadz to enable us to administer and provide you with roadside assistance, including arranging Services to be supplied to you by third parties where appropriate. Roadz may also collect personal information directly from you and exchange your personal information with service provider, our related bodies corporate, agents and contractors (such as call center and information technology providers) for these purposes and any other purpose you have consented to or as authorized by law. If you provide personal information about another person to us or our agents or contractors, you warrant that this information is provided with the consent of the individual concerned and that you have the authority to act on their behalf. We may also use your information for marketing purposes, associated program planning, product development and research purpose. If at any time you no longer wish to receive marketing material from us, please contact us on
1. Information we collect
1.1 Log data
When you access our servers via Roadz, we may automatically log the standard usage data provided by your device. This data may include your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your device type and version, your activity within the app, time and date, and other details.
Additionally, when you encounter certain errors while using the app, we automatically collect data about the error and the circumstances surrounding its occurrence. This data may include technical details about your device, what you were trying to do when the error happened, and other technical information that may have contributed to the problem.
Our app may also access and collect data via your device's in-built tools, such as:
- Your identity
- Location data
What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and the permissions you grant when you install and use the app.
We may ask for personal information, such as your:
- Phone/mobile number
- Payment information
- Car maker, model, year, plate number, color
Business data refers to data that accumulates over the normal course of operation on our platform. This may include transaction records, stored files, user profiles, analytics data and other metrics, as well as other types of information, created or generated, as users interact with our services.
2. Legal bases for processing
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so.
These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter); or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
We don’t keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
3. Collection and use of information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- for technical assessment, including to operate and improve our app, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to provide you with our app and platform's core features;
- to process any transactional or ongoing payments;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our app, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
4. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, other service providers of roadside assistance, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; and
- third parties to collect and process data.
5. International transfers of personal information
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in Kuwait and Turkey, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
We will ensure that any transfer of personal information from Kuwait to countries outside will be protected by appropriate safeguards.
Where we transfer personal information from Kuwait to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
6. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our app or products and services.
Access and data portability: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Notification of data breaches: We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
A cookie is a small piece of data that an app may store on your device, typically containing a unique identifier that allows the app servers to recognize your device when you use the app; information about your account, session and/or device; additional data that serves the purpose of the cookie, and any self-maintenance information about the cookie itself.
8. Business transfers
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
9. Changes to this policy
This policy is effective as of 27 November 2019.